Kim Davis is a mounting star in the patent bar. Kim gained a Ph.D. in organic and natural chemistry from Emory University and her scientific training is instrumental in her apply, which focuses on prosecuting overseas and domestic patent apps in prescribed drugs, the chemical arts, and metallurgy, thanks diligence and flexibility to run assessment, and customer counseling and portfolio approach for organizations, universities, and investigation establishments. Amid Kim’s lots of honors and accolades, she was recognized in 2018, 2019, and 2021 as a Ga “Growing Star” in the spot of Intellectual Residence by Super Attorneys magazine, and named a “40 Below 40 Leader” by Emory College Alumni Association in 2020. Kim also serves as the co-chair of KT Voice, Kilpatrick’s useful resource group concentrated on promoting the passions of Black attorneys. Kim is also a National Board Member and Chair of the Atlanta Advisory Board for Jumpstart, a non-gain firm focused to guaranteeing all young children enter Kindergarten well prepared for achievements.
The story of how Kim got to her existing position and her recent vocation success is comprehensive of pivots, twists, and surprises. In this episode, Kim pulls back again the curtain and displays us how her relentless push for excellence and achievement, which has been a regular variable in her lifestyle considering that her significant-university times, will allow her to navigate an imperfect job path to reach her best result.
Highlights consist of:
- The eternal issue: medical doctor or law firm? (1:06)
- A valedictorian level of competition, a pivot, and a prestigious new route (3:40)
- A fact check out, a gut response, and but a different pivot to a new profession (8:02)
- An Eli Lilly internship supplies a glimpse of two prospective futures: bench science vs. patent regulation (12:13)
- The value of honesty for discovering the correct mentor (17:00)
- Being proactive in constructing networks pays large job dividends (20:01)
- Operating 9-5…and 5-9 (in night legislation university) (26:05)
- Producing the transfer from to Kilpatrick Townsend (29:44)
- Planning a good profession takes thought…and a checklist (31:48)
- Tackling the PTO presidency for the duration of a pandemic (34:29)
- When your profession requires an unanticipated detour on its way to partnership (37:09)
- How to be a excellent mentee and how to mentor some others (42:22)
- The value of staying “the only” in your class (46:33)