The gallery of citizens were being worried about masks and drinking water. For the duration of a general public listening to at the starting of the 6 pm assembly various men and women spoke for the allotted two minutes about the dangers of mask donning and one resolved the group about the have to have to continue on to dress in masks. Later in the open up meeting, Nodaway County Overall health Office Administrator Tom Patterson tackled the council and gallery urging “everyone to continue to be the system.” Councilwoman Rachael Martin voiced her worry that the health office will not advocate masks county-broad. Then the council voted 3-2 to carry on the mask mandate for one more 90 times with the expiration of the ordinance to be April 30. The two dissenting votes came from Mayor Ben Lipiec and Councilman Jason McDowell.
One agenda merchandise that mandated the council meet that day was the official placement of 4 men and women on the April 6 Municipal Election ballot to fill two seats on the council. Council voted 5- to make the Nodaway County Clerk informed of the four citizen candidates.
The council heard a 20-moment presentation from associates of HDR Engineering, Inc, which spoke to the assessment of drinking water cure options. The 140-webpage report will be put on the maryville.org website before long. The small expression processes, occurring 5 to nine several years, they introduced was to solidify the watershed administration procedures with local farmers upstream, far more water checking at the lake to help in the suitable algicide programs and get the highest treatment method doable at the getting older h2o plant. Their extended expression strategy could consist of dredging the silt out of the lake, calling it a “shallow lake.” They also gave two choices for the council about the 1959 crafted drinking water remedy plant, either to rehab the present plant at approximate price tag of $1 million or constructing a new plant nearer the lake with a cost tag of $25 – 30 million estimate.
Other resolutions and ordinances integrated:
• Authorized a resolution with the intent to collaborate with the Community H2o Provide District No. 1 of Nodaway County for the construction of a new water cure plant.
• Approved the Eco-friendly Profits Tax Holiday break from April 19 – 25 getting rid of area profits taxes on sure items that are power successful.
• Accepted the annexation of true estate owned by Enel Eco-friendly Power North The united states, Inc situated at 320 Larry Lane to make it possible for for metropolis h2o and sewer expert services.
• Recognized a real estate deal with Maryville Lodge No. 760 BPO Elks to acquire the former Maryville Community Security creating and parking lot on the southeast corner of East 3rd and North Vine for $185,000.
• Approved a progress settlement and genuine estate agreement with Ice Product Land, LLC, which will be Kris & Kate’s found at 119 West Fourth Avenue, letting a donation of the lot from the metropolis to the new proprietors.
As a discussion merchandise, Town Supervisor Greg McDanel spoke to the leadership flow chart of Maryville Public Protection proposing two individual divisions: police and hearth. The communications division would be underneath the route of the police having said that would proceed the consolidation of the E911 conversation center. The improve would make Ron Christian as the law enforcement chief and Phil Rickabaugh as the fireplace chief instantly. The council authorized.
McDanel gave a COVID-19 update, reported the bids to be permit January 15 had been delayed owing to MoDOT on the South Primary I-Create job but will be permit shortly. He programs to announce the bids by the next council meeting in February. There has been no supplemental therapy manufactured to the lake owing to the wintertime situations.
Martin mentioned the tourism internet site at visitmaryville.org is are living.